Fiber is an important macronutrient that promotes healthy weight. Fibers play an important role in keeping the body healthy:
- Food items that are high in fiber satiate hunger at a faster rate
- It keeps blood glucose levels in check
- Suppresses the appetite and reduces hunger pangs
- Supplies consistent supply of energy all day
- Contains chemicals that help in the detoxifying process
- Improves digestive processes
- Stimulates regular bowel movement
- Flattens the belly
- Improves bowel regularity
Apart from fresh apples, other excellent sources of fibers are as follows:
Russet potatoes are filled with fibers that satiate hunger fast. A medium-sized potato carries at least 4.5 grams of dietary fibers. It is also a great source of B vitamins and the electrolytes potassium and copper that help in balancing fluids in the system.
Half a cup of artichoke hearts boasts a fiber payout of 4.8 grams. Apart from the high fiber concentration, artichoke hearts also contain antioxidants. You can include artichoke hearts in preparing salads, pastas, and chicken dishes.
Half a serving of cooked chickpeas deliver a fiber payout amounting to 4.8 grams. It is very easy to integrate chickpeas into a variety of dishes. They may be used in preparing stews, salads, curry, and hummus to name a few. When using chickpeas as source of dietary fiber, make sure to limit its intake down to half a cup to restrict excessive calorie intake.
Learn more ways to stay healthy by visiting SUPPLEMENT CLUE WEBSITE!